Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2 months going on 20

Holy Cow! Conner is seriously blowing my mind these days. He turned 2 months on Jan 29th and is already wearing 3-6 month clothing!!! It makes me so sad. I put a 6 month outfit on him today just on a whim and couldn't believe it fit him well enough to wear it all day. Granted its a bit baggy, but it didn't swallow him as I expected. Hmph! Where is my baby??? This kid is going to be walking and talking before Casey ever comes home. We'll be registering him for kindergarten this fall I'm sure. lol.

Other than him growing the last few days have been so amazing. This was the third night in a row I gave him a bath before bed. I used the Johnson&Johnson calming bath wash and lotion. They work WONDERS. It made it so much easier to give him a bath about the same time every night, feed him and let him get full and sleepy and put him down. Tonight thought was different. I got thrown off on my schedule so instead of giving him a bath at like 8, it was 11:30. Oops. Good thing I don't have anywhere to be tomorrow. But he ate before his bath so he didn't have eating to make him sleepy. So I just bathed him, dressed him, swaddled him and laid him down in his pack n play. He played with the baby in the mirror for awhile, and I heard some babbles and a happy shriek. Then 15 minutes in he started getting fussy. I thought for sure I was going to have to pick him up but I just went in there twice to pop his pacifier back in his mouth and 15 minutes later he was asleep. All on his own.

And hopefully (also for the third night in a row) he will sleep through the night. That would be amazing. I can't believe he's already sleeping through the night. Well it's considered sleeping through the night but really it'd be better if he'd sleep till noon. hahaha. That's when I'm ready to get up for the day lately. Especially with all this snow that prevents me from going anywhere.

Well, as much as I would love to stay and ramble some more, I must get some sleep. Conner has been asleep for about two hours now and already has a headstart on when we'll be waking up. Luckily he's pretty good at eating when he does wake up and going back down for another nap with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment