Sunday, May 30, 2010

Smarty Pants

So I didn't get a chance to update about how incredibly smart my now 18 month old little monster is :D lol. There are TONS of ASL signs that he knows. He can do...

Mama *
Dada *
Nonna (what he calls my mom)/grandma *
papaw *
dog (modified for him since he can't snap yet. We just have him pat his leg) *
bath *
boat
milk*
water
peach
apple*
baby*
elephant
more*
cookie*
shoes
finished
garbage
banana*
bird
eat*

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. The asterisks indicate things that he can also say. A lot of times when he can't say a word he signs he just uses "me". But "Me" is also how he says Liam, who is his good buddy he enjoys looking at pictures of on the computer :)

Conner has also now learned to show us where his ears, eyes, nose, mouth and belly button are. I tried to teach him feet but when I ask him he always signs and says "eat". We're working on that still. Speaking of his feet he loves the "this little piggy" game and after you're done enjoys saying "wee wee wee" himself. Actually you don't even have to play with him. He randomly just enjoys grabbing his toes and says "wee wee wee"

He can also show you where mommy's babies are. And when he wants to see the babies he has no problem pulling up my shirt and poking at my belly button. Even if we are in the middle of Kroger trying to buy groceries.

Cute story I have to share. Tonight he was signing and saying "cookie" while wanting the cupcakes off of the stove. Then out of nowhere starts signing and saying "milk". My mom asked him "Why do we need milk right now?" (He only gets it before bed and naps and water the rest of the time mostly) and in response he signed and said "cookie". Now I really don't think he really meant and understood that he wanted cookies (or cupcakes rather) and milk. But mom and I got a good laugh at it.

During the afternoons that we're here when I go to turn the television on he automatically starts signing and saying "dada" because he knows that we have a DVD of Daddy reading a book him. He doesn't really have the attention span to sit and watch the whole thing (he read "One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish" which is kind of long) but he will sit and watch a minute here and there and just enjoys having Daddy on the television to listen to.

I am pretty tired...being inhabited by two small parasites will do that to a person ;) So I think that's all I have to brag on for Conner for now. He has a well-baby appt on Thursday. We missed his 15 month one with me being sick and then we were moving so I continued to put it off. I did take him in Friday because he'd been favoring his foot and leg on Thursday and my family got all paranoid that there was something seriously wrong. Normally I'd have waited a few days (not that I would have had a choice seeing as how with military treatment facilities it usually takes 3 days to be seen) but figured I might as well just ease their minds. He was fine the next morning when I got him in to be seen and the doctor said he probably just sprained or strained something since kids tend to take a tumble pretty often. While we were there though they did weigh him and he's a whopping 28lbs. Part of me is in denial that he's so big and the part that lifts and carries him think that the scale has to be kidding because he feels so much heavier. haha.

Any how I'm off here. I need to do something besides ramble. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment